Davinder S Sohal
MSc, D.O., GOsC, BAc, MBAcA.
Registered Osteopath, Acupuncturist
Stress Management Consultant
Weight Management Consultant
* Counselling Skills
* Stress Management
* Weight Management
* MSc Exercise & Behavioural Medicine
* GOsC—General Osteopathic Council
* BAc-British Acupuncture Council
* Professional Member of BACKCARE
* ISMA– International Stress Management Association
* Working at the Greenford Clinic & Southall Clinic
* Clinical specialist , Physiotherapy department Barnet General Hospital(BGH)
* Extended Scope Practitioner in Orthopaedics BGH
* Working at Dr Rathor’s NHS – GP practice
* Biopsychosocial Management Of Complex Patients With Pain (5 day), Keele university, Staffordshire
I have been in practice for 35 years. I am qualified and registered in osteopathy, acupuncture and stress management. I qualified in osteopathy in 1983 and started working in private clinics and teaching at the British School of Osteopathy, followed by lecturing at the London School of Osteopathy until 2005. I qualified with a licentiate in acupuncture in 1986 followed by a B.Sc in acupuncture in 1988. I joined the Barnet & Chase Farms NHS Hospitals trust in 1994 and am currently working as a clinical specialist in the physiotherapy department and extended scope practitioner in the orthopaedic department with Mr Bajekal an orthopaedic consultant surgeon specialising in spinal problems.
I am qualified in stress management and registered with the International stress management association (ISMA) and completed a MSc in Exercise and Behavioural Medicine in Dec 2009. I have a special interest in using and developing holistic approaches to complex and chronic pain and stress conditions. All my treatments are aimed at restoring optimum health. I provide appropriate advice and information so that patients can maintain good health via a self maintenance and preventative health strategy.
I completed REPs Level 4 Obesity management course to include skills and knowledge of Diabetes & Metabolic syndrome in Sept 2010 with the Weight Management Centre.
The following are some of the conditions that I have treated in the clinic: whiplash; headaches; neck pain; spinal pain; lower back pain; sciatica; shoulder and arm pain; frozen shoulder; tennis elbow; hip, knee and ankle pain; sports injuries; RSI; osteoarthritis; stress- related conditions and lifestyle advice.